Okay, so this is crazy and nerve wracking and altogether ridiculously exciting!
November next year I will be embarking on a month long trip to Nepal with World Challenge, a trip that will not only be a challenge for me but also a chance for me to help out the developing-world community over there.
World Challenge organises trips like this for students all over Australia and the wold, bringing together groups of students from a school and allowing them to plan their own trip, raise/earn the money for it on their own and have a chance to do something that they may never have the opportunity to do ever again!
There are three parts to the trip:
Once we arrive in the country and spend a short time to acclimatise (and work out accommodation) we set off and a trek into the Himalayas which could be anywhere between 4-18 days, camping out or staying in tea-houses along the way. The trek will be very physically demanding and will require quite a bit of training before hand (especially for me!)
After we finish out trek we are given the privilege of woking on either a social or environmental project to help out the local community we're in.
When we've finished out trek and out project we are given a few days of rest & relaxation where we can spend time together just having fun and reflecting on what we've been doing while we've been in this exciting new environment and we're given the chance to explore and enjoy the culture.
I plan to be blogging to keep you up to date with how I'm going while I earn money and come across challenges in the lead up to the trip and if possible keep a sort of diary while I'm actually over there if I find any internet connection.
Hopefully I'll be running some big fundraisers over the next 18 months including market stalls and planning my 17th birthday party to be a fundraiser along with some other pretty crazy ideas.
I have quite a long way to go - especially finance and fitness wise - but it would mean a lot to me if you could support me as I embark on this journey with my friends and take a massive step out of my comfort zone!
First aim? Getting a job! Wish me luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment